Sisters and Brothers of Local 4848.
Your Executive Board met today with our counterparts of Medavie. This is the first time we have been able to sit down and have a Labour Management meeting since March.
Items that have or will be changing:
- Double Time Pay – An agreement has been made that if the decision has been made by ANB to offer double time pay in order to staff an ambulance, all other people who are working that same time frame who are in on Over Time will be compensated at the double time rate of pay – Province Wide! It is also agreed that this action will be backdated to the night shift of Oct 13.
- Deer Island and Campobello will now be able to do shift exchanges with members who work 12 hour stations. This has not been granted to Grand Manan as concerns have been raised with that location needing to be flight ready.
- Lone Medic – MCMC WILL NOT assign a lone medic to a 911 call or any fleet duties. However if a Paramedic self-launches MCMC will allow that. CUPE however feels this could be a safety issue for paramedics responding alone in Rural New Brunswick as you could be waiting for extended periods of time for an ambulance to arrive. Please be safe and don’t put yourself at risk of injury.
- Adverse Weather – We are waiting for a reply on ANB paying employees forced to stay in a hotel due to inclement weather.
- Uniform System – is going well, the committee will be meeting in November to fix up and add more items also to bring MCMC online with it too.
- Rapid Response Units – They Do Not stop the clock! They will be taken off-line to staff an ambulance with a lone medic.
- Assigned Meal Breaks – We knew this was coming, we have put this off now for some time. ANB wants to start this soon. An update will be sent out from ANB outlining how this will begin and how it will work. We would ask everyone to give this an honest try and see how it works. Please respect the dispatchers and do not give them a hard time over it.
- Transfer System Update – ANB has now implemented their transfer coordinator’s and the Transfer algorithm. So far things are going better then expected.
- Generators – ANB finally has this coming into place. The Executive have confirmed ANB will be getting 32 generators, 22 of them will go to specified stations around the province and 6 will go to fleet and will be floated as required.
- Truck phones are being upgraded to iPhone 7+ (bigger screen). Once this happens MCMC will be texting the phone with your MIN and times like they did to the pagers.
- Paging the Radio’s – A glitch has been identified in the server that sends out the automatic page system. If you do not get paged for a call please kindly let MCMC know so they can let the MCMC OM know and can fix it.
Also a follow up from the AGC. Greg reported that a message has gone out to all the Political Party Leaders asking for a meeting. I am happy to report that Greg and our CUPE Reg Sam have met with Kris Austin on Oct 10, with David Coon on Oct 12 and Oct 17 with Blaine Higgs. Brian Gallant has not responded. Greg will be preparing an update to the membership. In the meantime things are happening and we are pushing our issues forward.